DevastationGuild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DevastationGuild

Forums for the world of warcraft guild Devastation on the US Vashj server

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

70 Feral Druid Tank/DPS Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
waiwah

70 Feral Druid Tank/DPS Application Empty
PostSubject: 70 Feral Druid Tank/DPS Application   70 Feral Druid Tank/DPS Application Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 6:48 pm

Character Name: Waiwah
Class: Druid
Spec: Feral

Reasons for joining: I'm looking for a new guild to join that'll be reliable in running Heroics, raiding, and getting members to 80 fast when WOTLK comes out, as well as starting the new End Game play as soon as possible. Devastation seems like the right guild for me, I've worked with many of its members and I respect the name when forming Pugs.

Experience: I'm an officer for my current guild, Cataclysm, but it's slowly falling apart due to lack of active members. I've lead successful raids into Karazan, ZA, and Gruul's. I've been a part of a successful raid into Mag's Lair.

Gear: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vashj&n=Waiwah

In-game Mail: Waiwah
Back to top Go down
Unbreakabull
Admin
Admin
Unbreakabull

PostSubject: Re: 70 Feral Druid Tank/DPS Application   70 Feral Druid Tank/DPS Application Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 7:37 pm

Ok I know there's not a template up on the site for applying to the guild but it would be nice if you took more than 3 minutes to type up your app. Why don't you give it another shot other wise it's not my time to consider.
Back to top Go down
https://devastationwowguild.forumotion.net
waiwah

PostSubject: Re: 70 Feral Druid Tank/DPS Application   70 Feral Druid Tank/DPS Application Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 1:22 am

1) Character Name / Level / Class

WaiWah / 70 / Druid

2) Link to Armory Profile (Please log out in the relevant gear set)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vashj&n=Waiwah

3) Current spec. Plan to improve your gear now (if any). Miscellaneous information about your current profile.

Feral Tank/DPS.
Unbuffed Tank: HP: 16,059
Armor: 29,619
Defense Rating: 389
Dodge: 36.78%
Unbuffed DPS: DPS: 301.8
AP: 3374
Crit Chance: 35.06%
Hit Rating: 81

My Tanking Gear is as good as it is going to get with the current level of raiding that I do with my Guild. I hope to join a guild that raids higher level dungeons than I am accustomed to in order to improve my tanking gear. As for my DPS, I am currently farming Badges and running Low Level Raids (Karazan, ZA, Gruul’s) in order to improve it.

In my spare time, I have also maxed out my professions of Skinning and Leather Working, as well as cooking and first aid, and I am currently working on my fishing in preparation for WOTLK food improvements. I have also build a decent Resto healing set with the following stats

Unbuffed Resto set: +Heals: 1504
Crit Chance: 9.21%
Mana Regen: 388 while not casting every 5 second
24 while casting every 5 seconds
This is with Healing set on, but not Resto Speced

4) List of any serious alts you have at the moment.

Currently on this server, this is my only serious alt, but I may decide to level a Death-Knight when Wrath of the Lich King comes out

5) What are your current attunements?

I’m not attuned for anything unfortunately. I have the Master Key for Karazan, but asides that, nothing in particular.

6) What is your guild history? Tell us why you left/ Are going to leave?

I am currently an Officer with Cataclysm. The guild is a very friendly guild that I enjoyed much, but the mindset behind it is based more on a casual game play system. There is no serious raiding or complete loyalty to keeping maintenance on the guild. ie. No one but officers donate to guild bank, aside from heroic, people don’t help one another out, things like that. I feel it’s time to move on to a more serious and established guild. Cataclysm was fun for playing casually, but some of the end game stuff requires a more serious mindset.

-- Personal Information --

7) Tell us about yourself. E.g. What is your name? How old are you? Where are you from ? Where do you work/school? What is your MMO experience like? Impress us with any other information that you feel is pertinent.

My name is Edmond Ho, but everyone calls me Eddie. I am 20 years old with my birthday coming up in December. Originally I was born and raised in the Bay Area (San Francisco area) and I am currently attending University of California, Berkeley under the Business Administration major. I’ve been playing World of Warcraft casually for the past 2 ½ years. I have characters on different servers and I just want to be part of a serious guild. Aside from that basic information, I am very loyal to my teammates; I have help out guildies on various occasions and I believe in returning favors when given. Loyalty and trust are the foundations of any relationship, whether it is in the real world or virtual.

Cool What is your connection like? Is it stable? Can you give us assurance that you will not constantly have internet problems?

I use Comcast cable high speed internet and yes, it is quite stable. I promise I will not have constant internet problems.

9) What is your computer like? Give us the specifications? Can you give us assurance that you will not constantly have computer problems?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ running at 2 Ghz
2 GB of Ram
NVIDIA Geforce 7800 graphics card
I personally custom built my computer a few years ago and will upgrade when needed.

10) Do you have a working microphone? Can you speak on Ventrilo?

I have Ventrilo but I my microphone broke a few weeks ago and I have yet to replace it, but I am ordering one now and expect to have it shipped to me within the week.

11) Are you able to meet our raiding times? Will you constantly go AFK in the middle of raids? [8.30pm Server Time ]

One of the main reasons why I want to join Devastation is due to their raiding schedule. My typical WOW time is after dinner, around 7:30pm until I get bored, which ranges anywhere from 8:00pm to 2:00am. I will be able to make most raids if accepted, minimum twice as week, sometimes everyday, depending on my school schedule.

12) Are you willing to sit out for other members when raiding?

Yes, if other people need gear, I am perfectly willing to give my spot for the betterment of the guild.

-- Experience and Playing Style --

13) How long have you been playing your class? What is your raiding experience like?

I have played my druid for a little over a year, but I’ve tanked previously on my warrior. My total experience playing my “roll” has been 2+ years. My experience raiding has included leading multiple Karazan and ZA raids. I have organized and completed a successful Gruul’s Lair raid, and have participated in multiple Mag’s Lair Raids. Anything above, I have not experienced so far.

14) Do you enjoy your class? What do you like most about it?

I love it, what’s great about a druid is I can be anything that is needed of me. I am currently spec for feral, so I can tank or DPS. Again, if a healer is needed, all I have to do is port to Moonglade and respect into my Restoration set. Being versatile is key to my fun.

15) Tell us what role your class will play in the context of end game raiding?

Most likely, and this is my professional and personal opinion, Druids make the best Off Tanks. We have the most HP and Armor in the game; therefore we can take a bigger smack and keep smiling. At the same time, when an OT is not needed, I can toss on my DPS gear and contribute to owning the trash and raid bosses. My Lead of Pack aura also is a terrific contribution to any raids heavy in Melee or Hunter characters for DPS.

16) Give us a brief description on your playing style. (DPS rotations/ Spells Used/ Any other relevant information)

My main roll is tanking, that is what I have most experienced in but I am also learning how to play healer and more effective DPS. For this application, I will give a scenario of my tanking strategies.
For Raid Bosses, I start off in caster form, toss on regrowth and rejuvenation, change into bear form, run up to the boss and initiate the encounter with faerie fire. By the time I reach the boss, my CD will be finished and my first attack can be a lacerate which would help build my initial agro. I continue with switching off between using lacerate, maul, faerie fire, demoralizing roar, and roar when needed.
For trash mobs, I typically mark being that I’m tank. I will Starfire the 2nd kill order boss, immediately cast Moonfire on 3rd kill order boss, then focus on 1st kill order boss. I start off with those attacks to help build agro so the other two mobs do not go after healer or dps. For trash, I always start off with Starfire/Moonfire combo in order to help build agro.

As OT or DPS, I always keep an eye on healers and characters that die during boss fights. If told, or if I feel an important raid member falls, I will Battle Rez at the first opportunity to get them back in the fight. At the same time, I keep on eye on healer’s mana supply and if they fall short, I innervate to support the raid. I always do these tasks when I am sure that I do not compromise my role in the raid (I won’t die OT due to me trying to innervate a healer) – An example would be when I main tanked Prince in Karazan, where the main healer was running low on mana. I timed my innervate to exactly the 1 second I have when he is casting the shadow AOE. Thereby fulfilling my role as tank, and supporting the healer.

17) Are you prepared to do what is expected of you before you join? (Getting the mods, etc)

Yes

18) How do you prepared for a raid? What consumables do you use?

I have leveled my cooking in order to bring along consumables that will help my roll as DPS or Tank, as well as offering extra supplies to raid members to increase their stamina/AP/spelldamage/ect.

19) Do you have the mental capacity to perform complex operations in any given raid environment such as clicking cubes, jumping in and out of water or moving in and out of a little circle?

Yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 70 Feral Druid Tank/DPS Application   70 Feral Druid Tank/DPS Application Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

70 Feral Druid Tank/DPS Application
Page 1 of 1