DevastationGuild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DevastationGuild

Forums for the world of warcraft guild Devastation on the US Vashj server

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome to the new forums

Go down 
+6
Kindos
thefatbear
ply
Tuefel
Curgan
Unbreakabull
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Unbreakabull
Admin
Admin
Unbreakabull

Welcome to the new forums Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the new forums   Welcome to the new forums Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 2:48 pm

Well we have a forums up and running. I'll be adding in new sub-classes. Updating member status and getting some order in this but for now it's just nice to get it up and running. Take advantage of the forums this time to use them as a source of infortmation as a group.

First question for everyone

How can we make this guild better, and what are you willing to do to get it there?

First thing I'd like to look into is an IRC system for the guild, any suggestions or experience anyone would like to share with IRC?
Back to top Go down
https://devastationwowguild.forumotion.net
Curgan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new forums   Welcome to the new forums Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 3:34 pm

I have no idea what an IRC is so cant help there. I think we could really make the guild better if we made papa talk like a pirate all the time.
Back to top Go down
Unbreakabull
Admin
Admin
Unbreakabull

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new forums   Welcome to the new forums Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 3:38 pm

That was Mya talking like a pirate, smarts.
Back to top Go down
Curgan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new forums   Welcome to the new forums Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 3:58 pm

Oh noes, I feel silly now silent
Back to top Go down
Tuefel
Admin
Admin
Tuefel

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new forums   Welcome to the new forums Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 4:07 pm

never been a fan of IRC's
Back to top Go down
ply

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new forums   Welcome to the new forums Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 6:43 pm

I used IRC before, it was kinda cool.. only part I didn't like was trying to make an account. I had to make a new account each time I went on after not going on in a long time and it was so confusing: it's actually discouraging, so I don't try.
Back to top Go down
thefatbear

thefatbear

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new forums   Welcome to the new forums Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 8:39 pm

YAR! ye will respect my piratey jargon or I'll gut ye!
Back to top Go down
Kindos

Kindos

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new forums   Welcome to the new forums Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 3:05 pm

What is IRC?
Back to top Go down
Unbreakabull
Admin
Admin
Unbreakabull

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new forums   Welcome to the new forums Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 5:19 pm

It stands for Internet Relay chat. Basically it would be guild chat but accessible when you can't get on the game. Would allow us to commincate better outside of the game(Which we really need to do) and allow other people to talk with us if they have questions or are interested joining the guild. I was talking with Benedict(Old school raider friend of mine) and he was telling me some of the pluses of having one set up for your guild. Once I get this website set up a little more I'll get one posted on here. Now come on. Lets see what kinda ideas you guys have, you're not stupid I know theres something ya disagree or would like to see improve the guild.
Back to top Go down
Porkbelli

Porkbelli

PostSubject: Hey, it works!   Welcome to the new forums Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:04 pm

Whew, I was beginning to worry.

I like the forums, good choice.

I'll be off Vashj allot more until the 14th. I just got the AGM on my hunter twink and I need to pickup a hyena and cat pet. Also, leveling my Mage to 60.

Still trying to decide if I want to level Pork or Fateia to 80 first.

I need to setup pork for healing, but I'm reluctant to spend any money on gems/enchants this late in BC. I need to max fishing/cooking on which ever character I'm leveling first, so I hope to make a decison soon.
Back to top Go down
argenex

argenex

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new forums   Welcome to the new forums Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:09 pm

I think just as long as its something that can be accessed anywhere, like this website, its a great thing.
So if there's an IRC on this site, I would definatly use it.

for the most part I'm a pretty proactive person when it comes to communicating.
I will happily give the officers/gm my phone number, but I'm a timely person, and my schedule allows me
to be here well on time everytime.
Back to top Go down
http://www.argenex.net
tAnk3R
Admin
Admin
tAnk3R

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new forums   Welcome to the new forums Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 6:52 am

lame Like a Star @ heaven
do sigs not work?
Back to top Go down
Tráx

Tráx

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new forums   Welcome to the new forums Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 8:46 am

No It works.... just have to make a new post and enable it in preferences
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new forums   Welcome to the new forums Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the new forums
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DevastationGuild :: Public :: General Chat-
Jump to: