DevastationGuild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DevastationGuild

Forums for the world of warcraft guild Devastation on the US Vashj server

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Argenex - PVE Fire Mage

Go down 
AuthorMessage
argenex

argenex

Argenex - PVE Fire Mage Empty
PostSubject: Argenex - PVE Fire Mage   Argenex - PVE Fire Mage Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:05 pm

Personal Information
-Name: Jason MacHardy
-Time Zone: Same as server time, Pacific
-Availability: In the days below, post the times you're available to play.
Sunday: All
Monday: All
Tuesday: All
Wednesday: All
Thursday: All
Friday: Busy until 5pm
Saturday: All

-Attendance:
I raid everyday, the only times I've not raided, have been 2 days of the week since last May.
Otherwise I have attended every raid available.
-Connection:
DSL, I'm 100 feet from the main city hub, never been dropped.
-Ventrilo:
Absolutly, I used to own a Teamspeak server, and still currently rent a Vent server.
(I've been playing games online since the days of BBS)

World of Warcraft Information
-Character Name: Argenex
-Race, Class: Undead, Mage
-Server: Vashj
-Talents: 18/0/43 Currently Frosty Haste but will gladly respec.

-Previous Guilds: Esprit, Darkness Binds
-Reason for Leaving: Well I led the raids in Darkness Binds up until we could clear Kara. Once we started
to manage that we were given an offer to merge our raiders with Esprit, considering they had just
begun BT it was a great chance for us to move onward. While only a few of us really stuck around,
I became a core raider in Esprit and was there for every raid. Currently the only boss fight I've not done
in BT is the council and illidan himself.

As I am sure you have heard, the raiding group
has dissolved within Esprit and frankly after months and months of work I really am not interested
in sitting around on my rear for another half a year doing nothing! I Want to continue and move on to
Sunwell.
I do not feel its my place to say much more than that, but will privatly if required.

I worked very hard to get Darkness Binds up into the top 25 list on wowJutsu. We briefly were up in the top ten,
but then I moved on to Esprit.
I then worked doubly as hard to earn a position in the core raiding group.
It is definatly a serious deal for me that the raiding team is dissolving after everything I've worked so hard to accomplish.
Now Esprit is ranked 4th, while I am just a raider I'd like to believe my dedication and dilligence were
at least some small part to the growth of the guild.

-Gear
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vashj&n=Argenex
I also have the full shadow resist set for fighting Mother Sharaz.

-UI: Post a link or Screenshot of your interface.
Argenex - PVE Fire Mage Mother

Experience
-PvE Experience: Well I played in the original Beta, and on release I was a member of Exodus years ago, and Horde Gone Wild.
We did some server firsts in Molten Core for Horde if I can recall correctly. I took time off
for almost 3 years, Returned to WoW because friends at college wanted to try it out and hand't yet played.
I created a new character on Vashj and lvled my mage to 70 in 16 days (I know kinda slow was taking time with BC content).
I started him last Novemeber and I'd like to think I've come fairly far, the only bosses I've not downed in total are:
Illidan, Illidari Council, and Vashj.
-Class Experience: Well I can keep a sheep and still dps. (woot for focus target macros) I know what I need in order
to advance, I know the limits my class has. (164 hit rating fire/frost min for example)
-Experience Comments:
Again MC, been to BWL but didnt down Onxyia. AQ40/20 wasn't around when I stopped playing the game, and noone seems to be interested in
doing those currently.
I have fully cleared TK, Mount Hyjaal, ZA, Karazhan, Gruul, Mag, multiple times. Again BT and SSC only 3 bosses left undone.
-Class/Game Enjoyment:
Oh man I love being a mage, I love being the glass cannon in the back. The most challenging I would say is maintaining consistant top damage/dps
while not drawing threat, and ccing at the same time. I love it however. Even in some fights where I may not be in a mana regen group so healers
dont have to worry, I dont have mana issues, but then again my current spec allows for better mp5 on my own.

I would say I enjoy people the most within the game, I enjoy working as a team and accomplishing tasks together.
That's my true enjoyment in this game, doing stuff solo just isn't as rewarding.

Last Comments
-Devastation References: Maleficarum is the only person I know in your guild, unfortunatly. He helped me out several times many moons
ago on learning to master Kara runs. Smile

-Non-Devastation References:
Fabregasted
Pauljr
Medussa
Mumu
Suruchi

-Why Devastation?
Simply put, because you guys are number 1! I want to keep going and I hope I can find a new raiding team that sets for itself a goal
and accomplishes it!

Your Turn
Do you have any questions for us?
my mind to just suddenly give up. I hope there's maybe more than 1 core raiding team, that I may be able to fill a role
you guys need!

About myself:
http://www.argenex.net
I've been an artist my whole life, and a programmer. A few years after my divorce I decided it was a better idea to combine the two,
so I've been working on a degree in Game Design for the last couple of years.
I may go on to a Masters in Fine Art, as at this stage I really want to teach.
I've been a member of many games and clans, guilds whatever throughout time. I was in the CS clan that beat clanX3 back in the day,
Skilled in Killing. I used to be a member of The Art of Warfare, TAW for Battlefield and FarCry.
I've got alot of history in games, I used to play Action Quake with Gooseman, the canadian programmer who created CounterStrike.
I take gaming fairly seriously, as its my life.
The first game I wrote was in Basic when I was 8 years old. So yea, I'm a hardcore Vidiot Very Happy

Future in WoW;
I think its important to add that I have already pre-ordered Wotlk, and fully plan to continue PVE content on its release. I also have been a beta testor of Wotlk and I am very excited
about the new changes. I will definatly continue playing my mage, and level a Death Knight. Mage will still be my primary.

Argenex - PVE Fire Mage
Page 1 of 1